If you’ve ever found yourself stuck, you probably understand the power of taking a step back and shifting perspective. And since that’s not always easy, I’ll help you get the ball rolling with some mindset-shifting perspective quotes.
Why am I so fired up about this? You can’t change your money habits and your financial status without changing your mindset. Motivating yourself to do something impressive needs a lot of money motivation but reading my list of perspective quotes is one way to get it.
If your goals align with a positive mindset, things are going to be much easier. Not only will you be more motivated to achieve something big, but you’ll also enjoy every second of it. But, if your mindset doesn’t align with your goals, you’re fighting an uphill battle.
Here’s a quick motivation tip: Your goals should always be about something positive. For example, if you want to quit your job, you should do it for the right reasons.
Don’t think “I want to quit my job because I can’t stand my boss”. Instead, think something like “I want to quit my job in order to accomplish something bigger”
Believe me… Setting goals for the right reasons works! I mean, I even managed to spend a whole week without burritos, my favorite food, in order to save for an adventure. A wise man once said:
“There is a big difference between simply not buying a burrito and saving for a kickass goal of yours”.
I know, it’s a pretty good wisdom bomb 😛 but not even close to what you’ll find on this list of perspective quotes from minds like Steven Covey, Benjamin Franklin, and even Shakespeare. So whether you’re feeling stuck or just need an extra kick of motivation – here are the best mindset-shifting perspective quotes.
Fresh Perspective Quotes
- “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions” – Stephen R. Covey
- “If we don’t have a sense of humour, we lack a sense of perspective.” – Wayne Thiebaud
- “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” – Albert Einstein
- “When it rains it pours. Maybe the art of life is to convert tough times to great experiences: we can choose to hate the rain or dance in it.” – Joan Marques
- “The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view. Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one.” – Brooks Atkinson
- “It’s important to have people who are absolutely willing to say you’re wrong or who have a totally different perspective than you do on everything. Fresh ideas are hard to come by, and good ones are even harder.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “Distance not only gives nostalgia, but perspective, and maybe objectivity.” – Robert Morgan
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
Changing Your Perspective Quotes
- “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” – William Blake
- “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” – Epictetus
- “You are the master of your destiny. You can control your own fate.” – Napoleon Hill
- “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Fail again, fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
- “It’s easy for someone to joke about scars if they’ve never been cut.” – William Shakespeare
- “Everyone you meet has something to teach you.” – Unknown
- “The greatest prison that people live in is the fear of what other people think.” – David Icke
- “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.” – Glenn Beck
- “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other people to die.” – Buddha
Higher Perspective Quotes
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
- “Never be bullied into silence, never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, define yourself.” – Robert Frost
- “Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “In order to carry a positive action, we must develop a positive vision.” – Dalai Lama
- “Your reality is as you perceive it to be. So it is true, that by altering this perception we can alter our reality.” – William Constantine
- “Once you put everything in the right perspective, even bad times can be an opportunity to refresh your appetite, your desire.” – Alex Zanardi
- “Often it isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out, it’s the little pebble in your shoe” – Muhammad Ali
Famous Perspective Quotes
- “Winners have the ability to step back from the canvas of their lives like an artist gaining perspective.” – Denis Waitley
- “Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.” – J.M. Barrie
- “When the sky is about to collapse, relax, that’s just the roof caving in.” – Jarod Kintz
- “Perspective is a ghastly mistake which it has taken four centuries to redress.” – Georges Braque
- “The optimist sees the donut, the pessimist sees the hole.” – Oscar Wilde
- “ A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes.” – Wade Boggs
- “To begin with, our perception of the world is deformed, incomplete. Then our memory is selective.” – Claude Simon
- “We must look at the lens through which we see the world, as well as the world we see, and that the lens itself shapes how we interpret the world.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.” – AI Neuharth