If you’ve been sitting on the fence about investing your money, maybe you just need a little push in the right direction. For me, looking at real estate quotes can be the right source of motivation to get off the fence and start growing my wealth instead of watching it dwindle away.
Real estate quotes aren’t the only thing that should get you motivated to invest though. We’ll briefly cover everything you need to know so you can jump in confidently.
Real estate is my secret sauce to investing – now and in the future. While I don’t know what will be going on in 100 years, I do know that land is limited. And land is a big portion of real estate investing.
It just can’t go to waste. Everyone needs a place to live including you.
Passive income? Portfolio diversification? Inheritance for your children? Whatever your intention is, real estate can fulfil it if managed the right way.
Read More: Mr. FIREescape’s Guide to Buying Houses
But let me tell you the biggest reasons real estate investing is just great…
The Safest of All…
Let’s start with the best part of real estate…
1. Natural appreciation.
That’s right! You don’t have to do anything in order to increase your property’s value. Home prices have been trending up for years. In fact, the average appreciation rate in 2021 is 14.5%.
As long as home prices are going up, it’s a win.
And you can always force appreciation by renovating the property if you have some spare time on your hands.
2. Real estate is surprisingly easy to get into.
What can you buy with $10,000 in the stock market? $10,000 worth of stocks and nothing more. What can you buy with $10,000 in the real estate market? A property that is worth $100,000 with leveraging.
With real estate, you can pay 10% or even 5% of your property’s cost upfront and cover the rest with loans.
You want to earn safe passive income as soon as possible? Then, pay as much money as you can upfront to have lower monthly expenses.
You also have this list of real estate quotes motivating you. What else could you possibly ask for?
Comparing the stock market’s volatility to the real estate market, it turns out that the real estate market is much more stable. You can obviously see that in this chart.
Real estate is also great because it gives you many opportunities and paths to take in order to make profits. There’s not only one way to make money in real estate.
Did you know that the average American home costs $320,000 in 2021? Okay, you could’ve known that one! But did you know that in 2012, the average American home cost only $160,000 according to Zillow?
Rental income is great and even better if your house is appreciating because you get more rent! And boom, you make even more money passively.
Refinancing your mortgage
There’s one more thing that can make you more money in real estate. It’s more like saving money rather than making more of it, but you get the point!
And that’s refinancing your mortgage. By refinancing your mortgage, you could start paying less in mortgage interest. It might not be much but it will definitely save you something.
As Easy as It Gets
Another reason to join the real estate market is its simplicity. It’s simple to both understand and execute. And yeah… real estate quotes can also help you with the understanding part.
I keep comparing real estate to the stock market because the stock market requires a lot of technical knowledge, numbers, analyses, and of course… luck if you want to pursue abnormally high returns.
Deciding if a house is a good buy is much simpler even though some calculation is required.
Rationality Over Luck
When you’re buying a property, you can use your brain a bit more efficiently than in the stock market. Is the house in a good area? Does it have financial potential? Is it built according to the latest architectural criteria? Does it have cash flow as a rental?
If yes, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be a good investment.
Luck could turn things upside down for you and your property. But if we don’t take into consideration apocalyptic scenarios, it solely depends on you and your judgement.
The stock market is much more of a guess since many corporate decisions are out of your control and mean you need some luck.
So what do we have so far? Real estate is great because…
- It’s the safest investment option ( natural appreciation, etc.)
- You buy more with less money
- You create passive income
- You have this real estate quotes list
- You won’t have a hard time wrapping your head around it
- It solely depends on rationality. Not luck!
By now, I’ve probably convinced your logical self to get into real estate. Now, it’s time to convince your emotional self with many motivational real estate quotes that might actually get you started.
Real Estate Quotes
- “I will forever believe that buying a home is a great investment. Why? Because you can’t live in a stock certificate. You can’t live in a mutual fund.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Current real estate prices aren’t high because they have been driven up by irresponsible speculation. As was often the case in the past. Prices have risen because a constantly increasing population with money to invest has been created – and continues to be created.” ~ J.Paul Getty
- “There’s always opportunity in real estate. It’s just a matter of finding that opportunity in the current market.” ~ Samantha Debianchi
- “The best investment on Earth is earth.” ~ Louis Glickman
- “Every person who invests in well-selected real estate in a growing section of a prosperous community adopts the surest and safest method of becoming independent, for real estate is the basis of wealth.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “You don’t have to be too bright to get into real estate.” ~ David Lichtenstein
- “Now, one thing I tell everyone is learn about real estate. Repeat after me. Real Estate provides the highest returns, the greatest values, and the least risk.” ~ Armstrong Williams
- “There have been few things in my life which have had a more genial effect on my mind than the possession of a piece of land.” ~ Harriet Martineau
- “The ownership of a home, the feelings of independence that comes with the possession of a bit of the earth are among the most powerful incentives to high civic interest and usefulness.” ~ Calvin Coolidg
- “The wise young man or wage earner of today invests his money in real estate.” ~ Andrew Carnegie
- “One saying that needs to have its proverbial status revoked is the well-known real estate adage, ‘Buy the worst house in the best neighborhood.” ~ Spencer Rascoff, CEO Zillow
- “Landlords grow rich in their sleep. “~ John Stuart Mill
- “I can find you a great apartment, in a great neighborhood, for a low price. Pick two.” ~ Emile L’Eplattenier
- “Buy land; they’re not making it anymore.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Owning a home is a keystone of wealth, both financial affluence and emotional security.” ~ Suze Orman
- “The real estate market doesn’t care about your feelings.” ~ The Broke Agent
- “Real estate is the purest form of entrepreneurship.” ~ Brian Buffini
- “If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third. And lend your relatives the money to buy a home.” ~ John Paulson
- “A man complained that on his way home to dinner he had every day to pass through that long field of his neighbors. I advised him to buy it and it would never seem long again.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “Sleep is for people without access to the MLS” ~ Lighter Side of Real Estate
- “Real Estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual’s cash flow and wealth.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki
- “Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there.” ~ William Penn Adair
- “He is not a full man who does not own a piece of land.” ~ Hebrew Proverb
- “It is a comfortable feeling to know that you stand on your own ground. Land is about the only thing that can’t fly away.” ~ Anthony Trollope
- “Buy real estate in areas where the path exists…and buy more real estate where there is no path, but you can create your own.” ~ David Waronker
- “It’s tangible, it’s solid, it’s beautiful. It’s artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate.” ~ Donald Trump
- “In the real estate business, you learn more about people, and you learn more about community issues, you learn more about life, you learn more about the impact of government, probably than any other profession that I know of.” ~ Johnny Isakson
- “Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful.” ~ Hazrat Inayat Khan
- “Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever-increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security.” ~ Russell Sage
- “I would give a thousand furlongs of sea for an acre of barren ground.” ~ Shakespeare
- “The house you looked at today and wanted to think about until tomorrow may be the same house someone looked at yesterday and will buy today.” ~ Koki Adasi
- “The problem with real estate is that it’s local. You have to understand the local market.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki
- “Buy on the fringe and wait. Buy land near a growing city! Buy real estate when other people want to sell. Hold what you buy!” ~ John Jacob Astor
- “But land is land, and it’s safer than the stocks and bonds of Wall Street swindlers.” ~ Eugene O’Neill
- “Property mistakes are like a bad haircut…they grow out in the end.” ~ George Choy
- “Every individual deserves to be educated and fully informed on the details that go into every touchpoint of a real estate transaction.” ~ Doug Fish
- “You will become at least as rich as the amount of good debt you take in your life.” ~ H. J. Chammas
- “I still think buying a home is the best investment any individual can make.” ~ John Paulson
- “Exceptional Properties. Exceptional Clients.” ~ Kerwin
- “Don’t wait to buy real estate, buy real estate and wait.” ~ T. Harv Eker