Ever met someone who’s too hard on themselves or takes criticism too harshly? That person might be in need of quotes on knowing your worth.
When your self-esteem is low, everything suffers. Your work, your family, your finances, and most of all – you. It creates a downward spiral where you feel worse and worse and your performance plummets and any financial motivation you once had is gone.
The first thing you need to do is stop sliding down by any means possible.
No, a few quotes on knowing your value will not magically give you confidence and help you shine in everything you do. But they will do one thing. They’ll help stop that downward spiral or at least slow it down. So spending a few minutes reading and reflecting on this list of quotes is well worth the effort.
So if this list of quotes on knowing your worth won’t actually lift your self-esteem, what will?
The only thing that can give you true self-esteem and confidence is taking action towards your goals. That’s it. Action = Confidence.
Of course, sometimes you need a little build-up to believe in your own worth and value. Something to create momentum and nudge you in the right direction. And that’s where these quotes on knowing your worth will be your cheerleader.
Quotes On Knowing Your Worth
Here’s a list of my favorite quotes on knowing your value and worth.
Quotes on knowing your value to uplift your confidence.
Someone’s harsh words can be hard to ignore when they’ve wounded your sense of value. This list of quotes on knowing your worth will put things in perspective in terms of who’s really in charge of your self-esteem.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started. ~ Cicero
- You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose. ~ Lou Holtz
- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~ Bernard Baruch
- Trust yourself–you know more than you think you do. ~ Benjamin Spock
- I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. ~ Louise May Alcott
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. ~ Dale Carnegie
- Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better. ~ Barrie Davenport
- Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them. ~ T. Harv Eker
- Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something … hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication. ~ Roger Staubach
- I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done. ~ Robert Downey Jr.
- When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. ~ Joe Namath
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go. ~ Dr. Seuss
- It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help. ~ Epicurus
- Once you become self-conscious, there is no end to it; once you start to doubt, there is no room for anything else. ~ Mignon McLaughlin
- Control your own destiny or someone else will. ~ Jack Welch
- Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work. ~ Jack Nicklaus
- One’s self-image is very important because if that’s in good shape, then you can do anything, or practically anything. ~ John Gielgud
- Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. ~ Lucille Ball
Inspirational quotes on knowing your worth.
Once you start building a sense of inner confidence, you’ll see that more and more things are possible. So this list of quotes on knowing your value will encourage you to push yourself beyond your limits.
- I don’t know why we all hang on to something we’re better off letting go of. ~ Meredith Grey
- When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t. ~ Anonymous
- You need to love yourself. Love yourself so much to the point that your energy and aura rejects anyone who doesn’t know your worth. ~ Billy Chapata
- She understood her worth which made her powerful. The world gravely needed a hero so she became one. No superpowers really, just a strong woman who took no nonsense from anyone. ~ Rabdall Core
- He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred neither understand you nor know your true worth. ~ Khalil Gibran
- Know your worth. People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them. ~ Kanye West
- Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them. ~ Mandy Hale
- It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you. ~ Rob Liano
- Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it. ~ Tina Fey
Wise quotes on knowing your value.
Believe it or not, maintaining a sense of confidence and value takes work. These quotes on knowing your worth are full of time-tested wisdom.
- You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. ~ Maya Angelou
- When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net worth, then you’ll have financial freedom. ~ Suze Orman
- Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others. ~ Roy T. Bennett
- When you feel confident you have peace of mind. ~ Anonymous
- Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have. ~ Brian Tracy
- You attract into your life what you focus on. Focus on strength and self-worth and you will attract them. ~ Remez Sasson
- Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. ~ Malcolm S. Forbes
- Our sense of self-worth is the single most important determinant of the health, abundance, and joy we allow into our lives. ~ Dan Millman
- Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction. ~ Margaret Thatcher
- We are the brightest star of our sky though we often fail to notice our own brilliance in the presence of others’ light. ~ E.L. Blade
Final Words – Quotes on knowing your value
Did any of these quotes on knowing your worth ring true? Did they give you a boost of momentum or a belief in yourself?
Remember that just reading some quotes on knowing your value won’t magically give you confidence. That’s not what quotes on knowing your value are for. Real value, self-esteem, and confidence come from taking action towards your goals. So read and reflect on this list a few times, and then don’t hesitate. Act.